|Flier and Event by Best Friends Animal Society.|
Please share this event with friends and neighbors! Click here to download the flier for distribution.
If you call their toll free number, it provides more information. A few smart things that they mentioned are:
- Children are to be supervised by an adult at all times
- Dogs should attend the event on a non-retractable leash, handled by an adult
- If your dog is nervous around other pets and people, please contact the organization through the toll-free number for separate assistance
- Registration is required, and takes place during the event hours, on site
- Free and/or low cost veterinary assistance will be available
- Food, treats, and toys will be given at the event
- Crates will be available for doggie breaks
- Please pick up after your dog. Bags will be available at the event.
Pit bulls are known for being the most tolerant breed, and therefore considered America's Nanny Dog, and in fact the national breed of the United States! They can be difficult to adopt because many home owners insurance companies forbid them. State Farm and Travelers are two that I know do not. While I'm talking the breed up, I should mention that dogs will not be for sale at the event. But it is a great opportunity for owners to get affordable products and services for their dogs, and be stewards for positive pit bull ownership. Pass it on!